EDUCATION ASSISTANTS, where a Matric is the minimum requirement) to support teachers during teaching & learning in classrooms:
1. Reading Champions
The applicant should have passed English as a subject at Matric level and have an interest in reading.
The applicant should have passed IT as a subject in Matric OR have a qualification in IT OR a certificate course in IT.
3. Curriculum Assistants
The applicant should have passed Matric with at least 40% achievement in the subjects where they will be providing support. However, it is essential to note that EAs supporting educators in the classroom will not be teaching, even if they have a teaching qualification.
4. Care & Support Assistants (CSA)
The applicant should have passed matric and should have an expressed or demonstrated passion for care and support for youth. The youth that possess a qualification in a Social Services Profession, including Child and Youth Care Worker or Psychology should be prioritised and placed in schools
GENERAL SCHOOL ASSISTANTS, where Matric is NOT required, to help with:
5. Sports and Enrichment Assistants (SEA) for those who express or demonstrate a passion for sports, arts, and culture.
6. Handymen and women roles – to help with infrastructure and maintenance, and should have interest in infrastructure maintenance jobs as well as cleaning of buildings and surroundings.
Having the following is an added advantage:
- any trade certificate;
- knowledge of any infrastructure maintenance jobs;
- an interest in infrastructure related jobs